19–22 November 2013 the Russian State Library (Moscow, the Russian Federation) hosts the joint scientific and practical conference which will include:
19-21 November 2013: 15th Annual international conference «EVA 2013 Moscow, Information society, culture, education». The theme of the conference – «Libraries and museums in digital environment: dialogue and cooperation».
22 November 2013: 12th International scientific and practical conference «Digital century of culture».
The main organizers of the joint conference are: the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, the Russian State Library, the Russian association of digital libraries (NP «ELBI»), the Centre on the problems of informatization of the sphere of culture («PIK Centre»), the Inter–regional centre of library cooperation.
15th Annual international conference «EVA 2013 Moscow, Information society, culture, education» is also supported by the Russian committee of the UNESCO programme «Information for everybody», the Russian branch of ICOM, the Russian Library Association, the Association on documents and information technologies (ADIT) and by EVA Conferences International.
The joint conference welcomes participation of the following specialists:
– representatives of inter–governmental and international non–governmental organizations, authorities in the spheres of culture, art, education, science, information and communication;
– heads and staff of largest institutions of culture;
– representatives of business structures cooperating with institutions of culture;
– scientists and teachers of higher education institutions;
– пrepresentatives of social organizations, mass media;
– librarians, archivists and specialists of the spheres of museum work, information systems and technologies.
At the 15th Annual international conference «EVA 2013 Moscow, Information society, culture, education» the following main questions are going to be discussed:
– Standards of work of libraries and museums in information society.
– Innovations in libraries and museums: what’s in common?
– Internet and mobile technologies (integration of information resources of museums, libraries and archives; legal aspects; information and linguistic supply; mobile content).
– New forms of attracting audiences:
· library, museum and children;
· library, museum and youngsters;
· library, museum and local societies;
· library, museum and social network societies;
· library, museum and scientific research.
– Digitization and digital repositories of libraries and museums.
– Library and museum education, trends of development.
– International cooperation.
The directions of priority of the International scientific and practical conference «Digital century of culture» have traditionally been the following ones:
– discussing directions of informatization for institutions of culture (libraries, museums, theatres, educational institutions, etc.) and searching for practical solutions of the related problems;
– getting acquainted with the latest achievements in the sphere of computering and information technologies (creation of electronic resources and digital libraries, information search and storage).
Speeches and discussions of the 12th International scientific and practical conference «Digital century of culture» are anticipated to cover the following themes:
– Electronic resources as basis for innovative development of culture;
– Public electronic resources;
– Questions of complex automation of institutions of culture.
The format of the joint conference presupposes plenary meetings, sections, discussions, seminars and tutorials, as well as carrying out virtual exhibition «Multimedia in culture, art and education».
The conference languages are Russian and English. The main events will be interpreted.
The main events of the joint conference will be broadcast on the official website of the Russian association of digital libraries www.aselibrary.ru.
Organizing and programme committee of the «EVA 2013 Moscow» conference
tel./fax: +7 (495) 695-36-47, +7 (495) 695-77-83, +7 (495) 695-70-81
Organizing and programme committee of the «Digital century of culture» conference
tel.: +7 (495) 697-67-83
fax: +7 (495) 609-94-96